Blood relation Test
Here is the list of different types of relations you should know so as to solve questions based on this topic:
|Father’s son or mother’s son||Brother|
|Father’s daughter or mother’s daughter||Sister|
|Mother’s brother (younger or elder)||Maternal Uncle|
|Father’s brother (younger or elder)||Uncle (Paternal)|
|Father’s sister (younger or elder)||Aunt|
|Mother’s sister (younger or elder)||Aunt|
|Husband’s brother or wife’s brother||Brother-in-law|
|Husband’s sister or wife’s sister||Sister-in-law|
|Husband’s father or wife’s father||Father-in-law|
|Husband’s mother or wife’s mother||Mother-in-law|
|Brother’s son or sister’s son||Nephew|
|Brother’s daughter or sister’s daughter||Niece|
|Uncle’s daughter or aunt’s daughter||Cousin|
|Uncle’s son or aunt’s son||Cousin|
|Father’s father or mother’s father||Grandfather|
|Father’s mother or mother’s mother||Grandmother|
|Father of grandfather or father of grandmother||Great grandfather|
|Mother of grandfather or Mother of grandmother||Great grandmother|
Question 1: Pointing to a girl in the photograph, Ajay said, “Her mother’s brother is the only son of my mother’s father.” How is the girl’s mother related to Ajay ?
- A) Mother
- B) Sister
- C) Aunt
- D) Grandmother
- E) None of these
Only son of Ajay’s mother’s father — Ajay’s maternal uncle.
So, the girl’s maternal uncle is Ajay’s maternal uncle.
Thus, the girl’s mother is Ajay’s aunt.
1. A + B means A is the brother of B
2. A × B means A is the father of B
3. A ÷ B means A is the mother of B
Which of the following would mean “G is the son of H”?
A) H × I × G
B) H + G × I
C) H ÷ G ÷ I
D) H × G + I
Solution: Answer: Option D
Go by options. In fourth option, our diagram will be like
We don’t know the gender of I. So. We will not put any symbol on its side.
Now that you have understood the topic well and solved the above examples, you are ready to take the test on relations.
Question 3: Read the following instructions:
- A + B indicates A is the brother of B;
- A – B indicates A is the sister of B and
- A x B indicates A is the father of B
Which of the following means that C is the son of M?
- M – N x C + F
- F – C + N x M
- N + M – F x C
- M x N – C + F
Solution: Option A: According to this option NxC indicates N is the father of c. Hence it is wrong. Option B: According to this option C is the brother of N who is the father of M. Hence it is wrong. Option C: According to this option Fx C indicates F is the father of C. Hence it is wrong. Option D: According to this option M is the father of N who is the sister of C hence C and N are siblings and C is the brother of F so, C is male, Hence C is the son of M.
Option D is the correct answer.
- A is B’s sister. C is B’s mother. D is C’s father. E is D’s mother. Then, how is A related to D?
|A) Grandfather||B) Grandmother|
|C) Daughter||D) Granddaughter|
- Pointing to a man in a photograph, a woman said, “His brother’s father is the only son of my grandfather.” How is the woman related to the man in the photograph ?
(A) Aunt (B) Mother (C) Daughter (D) Sister
- P is the brother of Q and R. S is R’s mother. T is P’s father. Which of the following statements cannot be definitely true ?
|A) T is Q’s father||B) S is P’s mother|
|C) P is S’s son||D) Q is T’s son|
- In a family, there are six members A, B, C, D, E and F.
A and B are a married couple, A being the male member. D is the only son of C, who is the brother of A. E is the sister of D. B is the daughter-in-law of F, whose husband has died. How is E related to C ?
|A) Sister||B) Daughter|
|C) Cousin||D) Mother|
- A woman introduces a man as the son of the brother of her mother. How is the man, related to the woman ?
|A) Nephew||B) Son|
|C) Cousin||D) Uncle to Grandson|
- Pointing to a lady, a man said, “The son of her only brother is the brother of my wife.” How is the lady related to the man ?
|A) Mother’s sister||B) Grandmother|
|C) Mother-in-law||D) Sister of father-in-law|
7.Pointing out to a lady, a girl said, “She is the daughter-in-law of the grandmother of my father’s only son.” How is the lady related to the girl ?
|A) Sister-in-law||B) Mother|
|C) Aunt||D) Can’t be determined|
8.There are six persons A. B, C, D, E and F. C is the sister of F. B is the brother of E’s husband. D is the father of A and grandfather of F. There are two fathers, three brothers and a mother in the group. Who is the mother ?
|A) A||B) B|
|C) C||D) E|
9.Introducing a man, a woman said, ‘He is the only son of my mother’s mother.” How is the woman related to the man ?
|A) Mother||B) Aunt|
|C) Sister||D) Niece|
10.A is father of C and D is son of B. E is brother of A. If C is sister of D, how is B related to E ?
|A) Daughter||B) Brother|
|C) Husband||D) Sister-in-law|
11.A man said to a lady, “Your mother’s husband’s sister is my aunt!! How is the lady related to the man ?
|A) Daughter||B) Grand daughter|
|C) Mother||D) Sister|
- Brothers and Sisters I have None ::
Looking at a portrait of a man, Harsh said, “His mother is the wife of my father’s son. Brothers and sisters I have none.” At whose portrait was Harsh looking?
|A) His son||B) His cousin|
|C) His uncle||D) His nephew|
13.When Anuj saw Manish, he recalled, “He is the son of the father of my daughter.” Who is Manish ?
|A) Brother-in-law||B) Brother|
|C) Cousin||D) Uncle|
- Pointing to a photograph, a lady tells Pramod, “I am the only daughter of this lady and her son is your maternal uncle.” How is the speaker related to Pramod’s father
|A) Sister-in-law||B) Wife|
|C) Either (a) or (b)||D) Neither (a) nor (b)|
- A is the brother of B. B is the brother of C. D is the father of A. Based on these three statements, which of the following statements cannot be definitely true ?
|A) B is the brother of A.||B) B is the son of D.|
|C) A is the brother of C.||D) C is the brother of A.|